After 15 hours of a sour buttocks, inundating tears, and lack of consistent sleep, the elongated trip came to an end. When we departed from our friendly craft, we searched for our luggages and waited under the red lit ,"SALIDA" sign. I took a deep breath and managed to put on a smile, a smile of optimism. How many teenage girls can say, " I moved to Spain for a chance to start a new life over." I should be grateful. right?
As the gates opened we were swarmed by family members who planted a kiss on each of our cheeks. I soon found out this is a very european tradition. Their adulation towards our arrival elightened me grandly. Maybe this was where I was meant to be all along, a home where people loved my presence and constantly reminded me how special I was.
On the drive to our unknown future home, I visually observed every aspect of this new society; the way Spanish people greeted each other, the clothing they wore, the narrowness of the roads, the species of plant existent, the proximity of buildings to each other, and more. This was a place I've never seen before, one where the culture was evident and unity was present.
The car pulled over by a small villa surrounded by bamboo gates, a very pleasant picturesque view. I could see through the archway the main house made with the in-law suite that there was a private pool within the distance. It had rose bushes crawling all over the front lawn and it was simply perfect. The grin on my face grew exponentially. I hopped out of the car and skipped through the entrance where i closed my eyes and imagined my mom and I being happy here. Surely this place would help her relax and enjoy life for what it is, it´s beauty, and not just it´s impression in the moonlit night.
No comments:
Post a Comment